About Me

My photo
Lakeshore area, Wisconsin, United States
The journey of our family... new job for Joseph, new city for all of us. Homeschooling full time this fall, considering foster to adoption as an option of adding to our family.

Friday, October 2, 2009

October is here, the start of fall.

Well with the new month came the new weather. A week ago it was still in the 70's and now it is in the 50's during the day and near freezing at night. Some parts of the state have already had frost and freezing temps this week. Our yard is covered in pine needles and every time we rake it just gets covered again. This next week Joseph finally gets his first paycheck from the new job. After several weeks without pay this will be welcomed. Bills have been waiting to get paid. I plan to take Hannah to pick apples and pumpkins. We might also go check out a place nearby called down on the farm. They have all kinds of fall activities and a cute market area. I have my annual women's retreat next weekend and I am looking forward to it. It is a weekend when women from all over the state get together for meetings, break a way sessions and fellowship. It is at a new hotel this year so it will be a bit different. I am sharing a room with 3 other women but it is a 3 bedroom suite so hopefully it will all go smoothly. I am excited to hit the bookstore while there. Our ABC, which is our denominations book store, always sets up a huge store while there. It is my chance to get books, bibles, games, toys and food. I can usually get some great deals on Christmas gifts.

My house is still in a disarray from moving. We got the outside of the house painted last weekend and we still need to do the shed and trim on the house. We soon will start on the inside. Once we get the electrical cable to run from the fuse box to the kitchen I can get my oven hooked up. I was able to get a great deal on a double built in oven. We are keeping our eyes open for a gas cook top yet. We have to tear out the extra walls in our kitchen to open up the kitchen, dining and living room areas. When we are done there will be new cabinets, new countertops, a new sink and faucet, an island with the cook top and breakfast bar and a pantry. After we finish the kitchen we will start on the bathroom/laundry area. We are ripping down walls in that area too and making the bathroom larger. We will move the laundry area to do that. We will put in a whirlpool tub and a pedestal with a vessel sink. I am doing it all in aqua and blue spa colors with a splash of lavender. After only having a shower for 3 years we are longing for that soaking tub.

I will finish purchasing the homeschooling curriculum next week and once I have my dining room organized I can start Hannah's lessons on a regular basis. It has been hard with all the boxes and busyness. Luckily kindergarten is not required in our state and I am not mandated to do anything with her.

I joined our YMCA and I worked out 4 days this week. I have a friend who goes with me and I think next week another friend from MOPS will join us too. It helps having someone motivate me to go otherwise I can come up with any excuse not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment