About Me

My photo
Lakeshore area, Wisconsin, United States
The journey of our family... new job for Joseph, new city for all of us. Homeschooling full time this fall, considering foster to adoption as an option of adding to our family.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wildtree Open House

Well my party starts in 13 hours and I think we might be ready. It has not been an easy journey getting to this day. I set the date for my open house about a month ago. I had gotten an email with our new products for this year and decided I needed to have an open house. I have not had a party in months and I don't have one booked until March. I need to get our name out to more people and I need to have more people try our foods. I have over half my invites that have not responded so that is always fun not knowing how many will show up. Then I ordered new folders because I needed some with tabs inside to use plastic sleeves. When they came I got two folders! The listing said two boxes of 25 and they sent me two folders. I couldn't believe it. The company apologized, is giving me a full refund and gave me a discount on my next order. I then had to go to our local Staples and purchase folders for more that I could have gotten them online. Oh well, at least I have them. Then we had issues getting the ink cartridge refilled so I could print our new information. The last problem came with getting my new items. I had planned to place my order in plenty of time to get it shipped to me before my party. Then a late announcement came through about the offices being closed for inventory. I placed my order hoping I would get it in time. I ended up paying for two day shipping to get it by Friday. When the order came Friday it was over half missing. I raced to find the correct people to talk to to find out what to do. I was missing what I needed to prepare my menu and my door prizes. I got in touch with the right people and they over nighted me my missing items. I got them in time and I am ready to cook! It was a lot of stress to get here and I am hoping it means I will have a great party. I am also hoping for a few bookings to get me through March. By then I hope to get more bookings from those parties and so on.

Joseph is off work still. He goes back on the 22nd. We still have not heard if he is getting unemployment. They have requested documents and verification of so many things. I would have thought they would have made a decision by now. The way it looks he will be back to work before we get an answer. They will still have to pay him his back pay if he is determined to be eligible so that will be nice. The also messed up on his last paycheck at the university so he has almost 20 hours of overtime being paid to him this week. It is nice to have it all broken up instead of all at once. We are getting a lot done around the house with him off work. The kitchen island is almost done and should be done before the party. We just need to decide on the finish, I want to do a cherry wood stain. We still have to replace counter tops, the sink and faucet, the flooring, the cupboard doors and build the cabinet for the built in ovens. We also have not tackled the bathroom yet. The time has gone so fast I don't think we will get much more done while he is off.

Well, I am tired so I am going to try and get some sleep before I have to get and finish the work for the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment