About Me

My photo
Lakeshore area, Wisconsin, United States
The journey of our family... new job for Joseph, new city for all of us. Homeschooling full time this fall, considering foster to adoption as an option of adding to our family.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hard couple days

We have had some sad things happen this week. Our cat had kittens on my birthday back in April. They are about 5 weeks old and we will be giving them away in a few more weeks. We found one dead under our couch a few days ago. We don't know what caused it. He was fine the night before when I went to bed and Joseph found him the next morning when we didn't know where he was. He was still warm so it had happened recently. Then we found some ticks on one of our other cats legs. Joseph removed them and his leg was a little swollen. The next day his leg was even bigger, all the way down to his paw. Joseph removed 3 more woodticks and when he pulled the last one off a gush of puss and blood came out. We found where the infection was but unfortunately there was not much we could do for him. He continued to get worse and by Friday evening he was barely able to move and was moaning in pain. We called a friend who came over and we put him down. It was so hard, he was our Job and earned his name. When he was a week old our previous dog punctured his head by playing a little too rough. Since then he has had problems with balance and coordination. He was never able to use a litter box so he became an outside cat. He was such a sweet cat and loved attention, he purred so loud when we pet him. I think it was especially hard to see him die that way. I did not want him to suffer anymore since he has endured so much in his two years of life. He is at peace now and we will greatly miss him.

Joseph's graduation is coming up so fast. We leave on Wednesday and I am so excited. I got the invites out this week and I have a few to hand out at church yet. I also got Hannahs ivites out this week, they turned out so good. I will try to post a picture of them. 

Tomorrow is Mother's day and we are going out for brunch with Joseph's parents. Then we are going to Michaels to decorate a cookie. I am going to see my mom on Tuesday because we need to drop our dog, Abby off with my dad. He is so great, he always takes her when we go out of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment