About Me

My photo
Lakeshore area, Wisconsin, United States
The journey of our family... new job for Joseph, new city for all of us. Homeschooling full time this fall, considering foster to adoption as an option of adding to our family.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Stem Cell Research

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDFJOzu9SyM

I am so glad someone is finally speaking out about this. I feel we are so uneducated about this topic. Most people agree with stem cell research because we have been told it is the miracle cure for so many diseases. What they don't know is that it has not been shown to cure anything. In fact, it causes cancer and has killed patients instead of healing them. Adult stem cells on the other hand have shown great success. So why is it that our wonderful president put a stop to funding adult stem cell research and increased funding for embryonic research. I think Oprah was pretty stunned on this video and since she almost single handidly put Obama in office she probably did not care for this on her show. It will be interesting to see what happens now. I on the other hand, find great hope in knowing my dad may have a cure within ten years and it does not mean a life will end so he can live. After seeing him undure the brain surgery I do hope they have a cure soon. He is such a wonderful man who does not deserve to have to suffer such a disease. Now if they can find a cure with these stem cells for MS I would be over the moon. My mom is so far gone with her MS I don't know that a cure could do her any good, but if it can save someone else that is all that matters.

I will get off my soapbox and be back soon. Joseph is almost done with school, he should be done in a day or so. We leave in a little over a week for graduation and the party planning is coming along. I will update again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment