About Me

My photo
Lakeshore area, Wisconsin, United States
The journey of our family... new job for Joseph, new city for all of us. Homeschooling full time this fall, considering foster to adoption as an option of adding to our family.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

First Post

Hi, welcome to my blog. I figured since we have a lot going on in our lives right now I would start this blog. We started the job search for Joseph this week now that we heard we did not get the property in Portage. He sent out 3 resumes to positions in Wisconsin, all health promotion related. We will wait to see if we hear back on any of the resumes. There is not a lot out there and this economy is a little scary. We still don't know if our house is selling, but we have been told that the people who buy it will probably let us keep renting. I also have a huge dilema that I am trying to figure out. We have plans to go to Kansas in May for Joseph's graduation and we were going to leave on Wednesday so we can take our time getting there and spend some time visiting the area. Plus Joseph has some events to attend prior to Saturday. Well, Hannah has a ballet recital the day after his graduation and we planned to drive through the night and get back Sunday morning in time for her to get to her recital. I took her to ballet last night and they had the information for the recital in the new newsletter. I found out Hannah needs to be at a final rehearsal on Friday. That is going to be hard to do from Kansas. I am trying to figure out if we leave her with someone so she can be at her final rehearsal and then she misses her daddy's graduation OR we take her with as planned, she misses final rehearsal and possibly won't be allowed to to her recital. It is the only practice at the PAC where she will perform and if she misses it she won't know where to stand and such at the actual theatre. Ughhhh, why does it have to be so difficult. I wish I didn't have to chose.

On a good note, I am excited it is Easter weekend. I have everything all ready for Friday night. We always do a little agape feast at our home. We do a traditional foot washing and communion type service. We then do some readings and light some candles along with tasting some different types of foods that go along with the readings. We have horseradish that represents the bitterness of sin and applesauce that represents God's sweet love. It is a lot of fun. I then put out bible tpe foods, we will have dried fruit, grapes, hard boiled eggs, unleavened breads, olives, tapenade, grape juice, nuts, salmon and I make a braided bread that is so pretty. We have Joseph's parents and my friend Jennifer and her family coming. It should be a good time. I have a video that documents the last supper that I will show too. Then Saturday after church we are heading to dad's house and spending the night. My sister Sam and her boys will be coming too. We will go out to brunch on Sunday and then go visit my mom. On our way back home we are stopping to have dinner with my aunt Judy. A very full and fun weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment