About Me

My photo
Lakeshore area, Wisconsin, United States
The journey of our family... new job for Joseph, new city for all of us. Homeschooling full time this fall, considering foster to adoption as an option of adding to our family.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Great Easter

Well we had a great Easter. I had Joseph's parents and my friend Jennifer over Friday evening for the Good Friday celebration. Jennifer had her two kids with her and it was a lot of fun. After we ate we went for a walk and then we watched a video on the Last Supper. After church on Sabbath we went to my dad's and spent the night. My sister and the boys came too. We went out for pizza and the place had games too. The kids had a good time earning tickets to redeem. After dinner we went to Walmart to get snacks and a movie. We put the kids to bed and watched Ironman. It was pretty good. Easter morning we did an egg hunt for the little kids and they seemed to have a good time. We went out for an Easter brunch and it was delicious. After we ate we parted ways and I went to see my mom. Sam and the boys had gone the day before. I guess mom loves seeing baby Dakokta and she even held him. When we showed up she had the blanket over her head and Hannah pulled it back. Mom was so excited to see us and she kept saying baby over and over. I think she thought we were bringing the baby back. We had a great visit. Mom was in such good spirits, she was laughing and holding a converstation. We took her for walk around the garden because it was a beautiful day outside. I had to video tape the conversation because it was unbelievable. I left with such a great feeling about that day. I was so glad I got to see a little of my old mom and so glad we got to capture it on video.

On Tuesday I went to Madison to visit Whole Foods. My friend Jennifer came with and brought her daughter. I took Hannah so Joseph could get caught up on school work. He is still behind from dealing with the effects of his thyroid issue. It was so great to find almost everything I needed in one place and at such good prices. I plan to go once a month to stock on items for the month.  We stopped at Panera Bread for lunch, it was so good. Joseph was a little jealous because he loves that place. I was excited to find out there is a Trader Joes in Madison too so next month I will hit both places.

My dad is having Deep Brain Stimulation surgery tomorrow. I am still trying to find out when. I am a little scared and I am hoping it goes well. I will stay the weekend with him after he goes home to make sure he is doing well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment